At International British School, your child can gain an internationally recognisable British qualification, which can open doors to study at a reputable university around the world, including England. Our curriculum is based on the UK National Curriculum and has been adapted to fit the needs of an ambitious 21st century Middle East. In addition, we have developed teaching and learning strategies to support those with English as a second language, based on best international practices.
We challenge gifted and talented young minds to reach their full potential using a wide range of methods and techniques, including multimedia, kinesthetic activity based learning, group interaction and independent study. This is delivered in our caring, supportive and friendly environment, which stimulates and encourages the individual thinker.
IBS follows the National Curriculum of England and is an approved examination centre for:
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- International Advanced Subsidiary level (IAS Level)
- International Advanced level (IA Level).
IGCSE AS and A Level examination through Edexcel and Cambridge International Examinations. Boards (UK)
Curriculum accommodation is made for studies required by the Ministry of Education in Kuwait:
- Arabic for Arabs & non-Arabs
- Islamic Studies for Muslim students with Arabic as a first language
- Islamic Studies for Muslim students with Arabic as an additional language
- Quranic Studies for Muslim Kuwaiti students (optional for non-Kuwaiti Muslims)
- Kuwait Social Studies